Here are several relevant publications (in no particular order) that have been produced by members of our collaboration, and which are good starting points for learning more about our work. Where possible, a link to the online version of each article is included. If not (or if you do not have access), please contact one of the authors directly for a reprint.
- P. Nghe, W. Hordijk, S. A. Kauffman, S. I. Walker, F. J. Schmidt, H. Kemble, J. A. M. Yeates and N. Lehman. Prebiotic network evolution: six key parameters. Molecular BioSystems 11: 3206-3217, 2015.
- R. Serra and M. Villani. Modelling Protocells, Springer, 2017.
- S. Matsumara, A. Kun, M. Ryckelynck, F. Coldren, A. Szilágyi, F. Jossinet, C. Rick, P. Nghe, E. Szathmáry and A. D. Griffiths. Transient compartmentalization of RNA replicators prevents extinction due to parasites. Science 354: 1293-1296, 2016.
- B. Shirt-Ediss, S. Murillo-Sánchez and K. Ruiz-Mirazo. Framing major prebiotic transitions as stages of protocell development: three challenges for origins-of-life research. Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry 13: 1388-1395, 2017.
- V. Vasas, C. Fernando, M. Santos, S. Kauffman, E. Szathmáry. Evolution before genes. Biology Direct 7: 1, 2012.
- G. Ashkenasy, R. Jagasia, M Yadav and R. Ghadiri. Design of a directed molecular network. PNAS 101: 10872-10877, 2004.
- N. Vaidya, M. L. Manapat, I. A. Chen, R. Xulvi-Brunet, E. J. Hayden and N. Lehman. Spontaneous network formation among cooperative RNA replicators. Nature 491: 72-77, 2012.
- J. L. Andersen, C. Flamm, D. Merkle and P. F. Stadler. Inferring chemical reaction patterns using rule composition in graph grammars. Journal of Systems Chemistry 4: 4, 2013.
- J. W. Sadownik, E. Mattia, P. Nowak and S. Otto. Diversification of self-replicating molecules. Nature Chemistry 8: 264-269, 2016.